Quote by Natalie GoldbergGet another
- You are not alone! 22% of adults experince panic or anxiety attacks.
- Yes, it can feel like a heart attack.
YOU ARE NOT HAVING A HEART ATTACK.
- It's temporary. It'll all be over soon.
- If something happens, people arround you will help you.
- If it was life threatening, you'll be in the ER by now.
- You are probably more anxious about the "what ifs" than what you're actully feeling.
- You'll be FINE!
- Honestly. We've all been there.
Do this now
- Accept and recognize your panic or anxiety.
- Run towards your physical feelings- think what your mind can throw at you next?
- Say: "So what?", you'll live through this.
- Share with someone. Don't be ashamed.
- Practice mindfulness. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing rhythm.
- Relax your muscles one by one
- Distract yourself by doing something else.
- Even more tools...
Common anxiety & panic attack symptoms
- Sense of impending doom or danger
- Fear of loss of control or death
- Rapid, pounding heart rate
- Hot flashes
- Chest pain
- More symptoms...